Our Guiding Principles
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving — Children are encouraged to learn by trial and error, which causes them to naturally innovate.
- Creativity and Curiosity — Our program is designed to allow time and space for creativity and curiosity
- Independence and Executive Function — A carefully prepared environment allows children to have freedom, within limits, to discover, form an understanding, and thrive as independent learners.
- Leadership — Interaction between younger and older peers, allows children to assume roles as both leaders and followers.
- Cross Cultural Competence — Children must see themselves as connected to others within and across cultures.
- Social Responsibility — Through articulated practical life, grace, courtesy, and a service learning curricula, children learn to care for themselves, others and their environment. Children are encouraged to be courteous, to care for themselves as well as others and to develop a social responsibility.
Opus Montessori School
180 Hawthorne Road
Barrington Hills, IL 60010
Phone: 630-568-6787 (OPUS)